Slips, Trips & Falls Claims

slips trips and falls accident negligence

Slips, trips and falls cover a range of different incident and injury types. If you’ve had an accident in the workplace or in public area due to negligence on behalf of the owner or occupier, then you may be entitled to claim injury compensation.

What are trips, slips and falls?

Slips, trips and falls can happen any place or anytime. From tripping on an uneven footpath, to slipping on a wet floor or tripping over cluttered areas in the workplace. Every case is different; but in most instances are caused by hazards or dangers that have not been properly addressed by the owner.

For instance, if a slip occurs in a supermarket due to a wet floor this could be due to a spillage which has not been cleaned up, or a recently washed floor that has no warning signage. In such circumstances the owner of the supermarket is ultimately in breach of their duty of care.

What should I do if I am involved in an accident?

If the accident occurs at the workplace or in public place (supermarket, restaurant, gym etc) you should report the incident to the manager or owner. It is advisable to gather as much information as you can about the incident. Relevant details include: the circumstances of the incident, photographs of the hazard or area, and any witness contact details

If the accident occurs on a public footpath, then it should be reported to the Council for that area. Footpaths that are not maintained or are not adequately lit can cause serious injury to members of the public. Again it is advisable to obtain photographic evidence and the contact details of any witnesses.

What should I do if I am injured?

If you are involved in a trip, slip or fall then you should also seek medical assistance if necessary. Slips can often result in a bump to the head, which should always be checked out by medical professionals

You may also find that the extent of your injuries do not appear until a few days later, in which case, you should visit your Doctor. Medial reports will help form part of your claim.

How can I make a personal injury claim?

If you have been involved in an incident in a public place and submit a complaint, the owner may often offer little more than an apology. However if you have suffered physical or emotional damage as a result of their negligence, then you may wish to consider claiming for personal injury.

Please contact the solicitors at Injury Compensation NI to discuss your accident. Our team can advise on whether further action can be taken. We will help you compile your case, gather medical evidence and prove that the accident was as a result of negligence on the part of the owner or occupier.

Speak to a Solicitor at Injury Compensation NI

Injury Compensation NI are part of MKB Law Solicitors in Belfast, so you can be sure that your claim will be dealt with by a local solicitor here in Northern Ireland. Accident compensation requires swift action, so please contact us today to discuss your situation.